Friday, February 5, 2010

Aprons

Things have been blessedly boring at our home the last few weeks. Just the typical winter sickness, homework and boredom. The winter doldrums have definitely hit this week. In a week we'll be hopping with birthdays, but for now we are here.
I wasn't going to blog about these cute little aprons, but I haven't posted anything in so long. I put these aprons together for Kate and Enoch a few days ago. The are my little helpers in the kitchen. I had some old aprons of mine that I would put on them, but, as you can imagine, they were way too big. I thought these two deserved some aprons of their own. I used some fabric from my stash and they went together very quickly. They have a velcro waist strap so the kids can put them on and get them off by themselves (very important to me).
I tried to get a picture of the kids wearing their aprons, but Enoch wouldn't put his on and Kate wouldn't hold still, oh well.

3 comments:

Barlow Family said...

very cute!! I have the winter blues too but I'm not accomplishing anything like this!! good job!

Carrie said...

cute! Good job. Unfortunately I haven't sewn anything for a while. I need to clean up my sewing room (construction mess) and get going again.

Gayle J. Randall said...

Even without the children in them, that is a cute picture! What a seamstress you are! And what a good Mom to make your children their own aprons. The winter doldrums will soon pass. Nephi says so: "And it came to pass . . . Before you know it, it will be spring.