Saturday, January 31, 2015

We are so proud of them!

We had a busy weekend with the kids.  We started with Gavin's wisdom teeth surgery on Friday morning (see post).  On Friday afternoon, Kate and I attended her Rocky Mountain Invitational Gymnastics Meet.  On Saturday afternoon, Enoch performed in his piano recital.
Kate's gym meet this week was at Ace's Gym, just up the road from us.  It was great!  The gym is new, so everything was so nice...and crowded, very crowded.  They roster had at least 150 girls on it!  It was a long night.
Kate is loving her gym meets.  She did so well and had a great time with her teammates.  I didn't get great video of any of her events, so I won't post, but she did awesome!  Her vault is still her lowest score.  She took 7th place on beam, 5th place on bars and 2nd place on floor!  She was competing in the 7-8 year old category and there were about 25 girls (I think!).  We are so proud of her!
 Her team, Excel Bronze from Utah Twisters, took 2nd place overall.  Her coaches let her take home the trophy and babysit over the weekend.  (Let's just say that awards ceremony went on for at least 45 minutes.  By that time it was close to 9pm and Kate was exhausted.  I'm glad we didn't have a long way to travel home.  But, a Friday night meet was very convenient.)
"It's big and heavy!" she said.
Enoch was so nervous for his recital.  He still hasn't gotten over those performance jitters (I'm not sure he ever will!).  When it was his turn to perform, he stood up to announce his piece and instead said, "I'm nervous!"
 He did so well!  I'm so proud of him.  Lots of practice and time went into those songs.  He likes playing them and we have heard them a lot!  It will be nice to have him learn some new songs.
After the recital, we went to Arctic Circle for dinner.  They have a play place, you know.
Such a great weekend.  I love to see my kids doing well at something they love!