Monday, September 23, 2013

Matchy Jammies

I've mentioned before that Guard's body shape does not lend itself to traditional clothing sizing.  Our latest discovery is that he cannot wear those super cute, super warm, super comfy footy fleece jammies.  Really, how convenient are they to buy at Costco?  But no, they are too short in the torso and too long in the legs.  My solution was to get over it and make him some pajama pants with my gobs of flannel I horde in my sewing room.
Since the weather was cooling, Enoch also needed some new winter jammies.  He has worn the same jammies for two winters in a row and they were getting quite short in the legs and arms.  It worked out well.  I had enough left over fabric from Enoch's jammies to make some pants for Guard.  Paired with a long-sleeved onesie, they will keep him warm (although he hates to leave his socks on at night).
Just ignore the dinner that is still on his face!
Enoch got three new pairs of jammies.  His favorite are the ones with chemistry equations on them.  Guard got four new pajama pants.  I don't think he has a favorite - he just gets what I put on him.  Kate, lucky girl, got a bunch of pajamas from her cousin, Brynnley, so she was set.
Let's stay warm!

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Love these cute jammies! You are such a great mom! I love you!