Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Snow

It has been a long winter.  It has been a cold winter.  It has been a snowy winter.  Sigh.  Are we done yet?
At least the kids enjoy it.  Today we has loads of fluffly, soft white snow.  It was actually very pretty (and that is taking a lot for me to admit that!).
The kids had so much fun playing.  They love to shovel the driveway and then they run around and play.
Snow is so fun when you are a kid!
I always have a snack waiting for the kids when they get home from school.  Today I was out of ideas.  Kate was running laps around the kitchen and family room and collasped on the floor and said, "I'm so hot!  Can I have a sno cone?"  I looked at her like she was crazy and said, "NO!  There's half a foot of snow outside, you can't have a sno cone!"  Wait a minute - why not?  Clean, fluffy, soft snow - perfect!
The kids loved it!  They would run outside, dip their cups in the snow bank, fill it up with snow and come inside to pick their flavors.  Each child probably had five sno cones!  Guard wasn't too sure about them, but he was game for a few bites.  What a great idea - thanks, Kate.  It was so much fun!

No comments: