Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Day Home

Since Christmas we have been running full speed.  We have also been sick.  I finally realized that it didn't matter what we missed, we had to stay home and rest.  I would never take the kids out when they were fevering or really sick, but I would drag them around with a slight cough or stuffy nose.  Today was the day that we stayed home.
It was amazing what a day home did for our spirits and health.  We had fun, we cleaned, we did projects, we took naps - it was wonderful.  I can't believe how much I got done when I didn't leave the house (lesson learned!).
Kate has been asking every five minutes, "How much longer until my birthday?"  Really, every five minutes.  We made a paper chain today so she could see and have more of a concrete answer.  To say eight days or 15 days to a four-year-old is useless.  She loves her chain and it really does help her understand.
 
We made Kate's favorite lunch - nutella and blackberry jam sandwiches.  She loves them!  As easy as they are to make, she always gives me a big hug and tells me thank you multiple times when I give her one.
I got some cleaning done while Guard took an uninterrupted nap.  That is rare for my fourth child to have a nap on time and not being woken up early to pick up a sibling or run to a activity.  We were both happy afterward.
It was a good day.

No comments: