Friday, January 11, 2013

Guard at 7-8 months


You will notice in all these pictures, Guard is sick.  Really sick.  Hardly any smiles and a snotty nose.  I debated taking pictures today, but I reasoned that he has been sick this entire past month, so it's a good representation of his seventh month.
Oh, my poor baby (and his poor mom).  It's been a rough month at our house.

I'll admit, Guard has not been his happy self lately, and I'm not sure how much he is growing, since he has pretty much given up on his bottle, but he still is the star of the family.

He is full of slobles (slobber and bubbles).  The kids think it is so funny and I constantly feel covered in snot and slobber.  Oh, the joys of holding a baby all day long.
His favorite sound to make is ma ma ma.  I completely believe he is saying mama, but Greg isn't convinced.  It makes sense because he is experiencing complete separation anxiety.  I can't set him down, let along leave the room without him screaming so much he throws up.  Perhaps a side effect of being sick for so long, but it also goes along with the age.
Guard's favorites currently include books, Coal (he likes to chew on her nose and she lets him.  It's quite disgusting, but I love that they are so comfortable with each other), and his left hand.  He consistently favors his left hand and I wouldn't be surprised if he is left-handed.  He also loves table food.  He refuses to eat baby food.  Guard also hates his bottle and it is getting harder and harder to fight him while feeding him.  He arches his back, pushes the nipple out of his mouth, turns his head and screams.  Every feeding.  I'm not sure how much longer we are going to do this whole bottle and formula thing.

Guard is almost crawling.  He is the cranky, frustrated stage right before the crawling happens.  He does roll a lot and is still doing his head scoot.  It looks funny, but it gets him where he wants to go.
Mid-cough!  Poor Guard.
 I wish he really did know how to blow his nose!
Love you, Guard!


No comments: