Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Picking at the Patch

There is something enchanting about picking your own pumpkin from the earth. I suppose that if you grew it yourself, it would mean even more, but I really enjoy letting someone else do the planting, weeding and watering. I just want to harvest my pumpkin.
The kids love the pumpkin patch - to run, to explore, to debate the qualities of each pumpkin and then to make a final choice. They then carefully carry their treasure to the wheelbarrow (not by the stem!) and yell to everyone that they found the perfect pumpkin.
I love to see the smiles on Gavin's, Enoch's and Kate's faces when we are at the pumpkin patch.
We had a wonderful time with the Kelly's at the Schmidt Farms. The kids all found a great pumpkin and Greg and I picked out one to share. The weather was warm, the kids were kind and the pumpkins were plentiful. It was great!

1 comment:

Michelle Kelly said...

We had so much fun at the pumpkin patch with you guys!