Friday, January 22, 2016

Scattered Thoughts

 
 1.  This is how I found Guard this morning.  I'm not sure how long he was in the kitchen sleeping on the heater vent, but I was up and in the kitchen by 5:45, so it must have been a little while.  My kids are obsessed with heater vents.  It is hard to get them out the door in the morning because we are constantly dragging them off the vents.
2.  Is that Enoch under that newspaper hat?
 3.  Today when I picked up Guard from preschool, he was so excited to show me his project.  They made bead bracelets.  He told me his was for Kate.
Guard is so sweet that way.  He is always giving away his preschool projects to family members.  He really does put thought into what parent or sibling would like each project.  I was lucky enough to get his orange flower drawing last week, because I like orange flowers.  Dad got his snowman, because Dad likes snow.
Today, Kate got his bracelet.  He found one of Kate's stuffed wolves and told me it was a collar for her.  Kate loved it!

 
3.  Our dog is pretty smart. Not really, more like pretty patient.  But only with Greg - she wouldn't let any of the rest of us do that to her.
 4.  Alyssa and I took Leah and Guard to the Dinosaur Museum today.  They had such a great time.  The cave, sand table and sand excavation site were the favorites.  The played in the sand table for 30 minutes!  Good thing - Alyssa and I had some catching up to do!
After the museum, we had lunch at the deli and then did a bit of shopping at the Emporium.  Neither of us got anything - it's a bit tricky with kids - but we had so much fun!
5.  While I was picking up a prescription at Costco, the pharmacist was chatting with Guard.  She asked him what his name was.  He said, "Guard".  Guard is still learning how to say his 'r's.  When he says Guard, it sounds like God.  She looked at me and smiled.  I smiled back.  I told her his name is Guard.  She laughed and said, "Oh!, I thought he was being really optimistic!"  And then she added, "That's an awesome name!"

No comments: