Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Our New Pool

This year we decided to get a little wading pool to have in the backyard to keep the kids busy and not asking to go swimming every day.  A tall order, I know.  But we thought it would be worth a try.
I was at Wal-mart and was asking around in the garden dept about kiddie pools.  The employee excitedly told me they just got a shipment in that morning and that I lucked out because they would go fast.  I paid for my pool and then realized I couldn't fit it into the van.  I had to leave it there and promised to be back later that day.
Hmmm...
After I got home I was telling my friend, Kristen, my problem and wondering what I could do.  She said she was planning on heading to Wal-mart later that day and she would bring it home in her Suburban.  Really?  She's awesome!
The kids were so excited when they saw it.  They all put on their suits and headed out.  Enoch only lasted a few minutes, because really it is too small for him, but Kate and Guard loved it.  They thought the slide was the best.
So many smiles and so much fun!  I anticipate many great times in the pool this summer.
(And yes, Guard is in his clothes.  He was too excited to take time to change tonight.)

No comments: