Thursday, November 28, 2013

A New Car Seat

Long ago when Gavin was a baby, the rules for car seats were different.  I am having to relearn them.
I was getting excited for Guard to turn one so I could get him a new car seat and turn it around.  He was getting a bit long for his and was getting quite a bit cranky facing backward. 
Not so fast.
Apparently your baby must now be 2 years old and 30 pounds to turn around.  Thirty pounds!?  Kate just hit 30 pounds earlier this year!  Who knows how old my skinny Guard would be when he reached 30 lbs?
I told my doctor we were shooting for 20 pounds and then turning him around.  He really didn't fit anymore.
Well Finally!  Twenty pounds!  At age 18 months.  Yes, he's a thin one.  We were taking a road trip to St. George and decided it would be a good time to switch car seats.  I did extensive research online and we found a really great seat made by Recaro (a European company that make seats for racing cars).
He is enjoying riding in the car a lot more now.  So are the rest of us!

No comments: