Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

As predicted, our Valentine's Day was a bit rushed and overlooked.  I don't go all out for Valentine's because it is sandwiched between birthdays.  I don't give gifts to the kids, but we do try to spend some fun time together.
This year for Valentine's I gave Greg shopping.  Yep, I went pants shopping for him.  I bought every pair of gray docker-like pants I could find that could possibly fit him so he didn't have to do it.  He did still had to try them on, but I returned the rejects.  Love you, Greg!
I got a much better present (I'm pretty sure that isn't correct English).  I got a new phone - a Nexus 4.  My old phone was broken when my sweet baby chucked it across Costco, so I was in the market for something new.  I really do love my new phone.  Gavin thinks it's wasted on me because I don't really know how to use it yet, but I'm learning.
Our holiday started with breakfast - french toast with fresh strawberries and cream cheese syrup.  Yum!
We sent the kids out the door with their Valentine's box and cards for a fun day at school.  Okay, really just Enoch.  Kate didn't have preschool today (her party was yesterday) and poor Gavin doesn't have any parties today.
It was a busy day and Guard was moving and grooving all day long.  I knew it would only take him a few days to really get going.
After school, Enoch attended his first Cub Scout den meeting.  He was so excited!  They made some fun treats for their families and Enoch was having a hard time waiting until after dinner to share his Valentine's treats.
 At the dinner table, I made little Valentine's for everyone and put them on their plates.  They were very simple and small, but the kids liked reading what I said.  Gavin's note said, "Dear Gavin, You are very observant and helpful.  Thank you for being in our family.  Love, Mom."  Maybe my handwriting is bad or he read it fast, but he said, "What?  I'm very absorbent?  What does that mean?"  Yes, Gavin, you can hold a lot of water - or a lot of something!?
After dinner we ate sugar cookies (leftovers I made for Enoch's class party).  It was a fun ending to a good day.

No comments: