Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Talking in Your Sleep

Poor Kate hasn't had very consistent naps lately. She has been shuffled around from relative to friend and doesn't sleep unless she is in her crib. She is quite exhausted.
Today we attended Gavin's 6th graduation party and then we were off to Enoch's preschool to pick him up and then go to Kindergarten Days at the pediatrician's office (yes, my foot felt wonderful after all this!). We had about 30 minutes between the two, so I just drove around until Kate fell asleep and then I parked outside Enoch's preschool and let Kate nap.
I was playing with my Palm when I heard noises coming from the backseat. I turned and looked at Kate. She was clearly asleep. I continued to enter things on my Palm when I clearly heard talking from Kate. She was stirring slightly and was mumbling, "Me do it." She said it three times and then settled back down.
I was trying so hard not to laugh and wake her up. We hear Kate say that phrase all the time and now, even in her sleep!
Sleep talking must be hereditary. Greg says I do it all the time, especially when I'm tired and stressed. Poor Kate! It was quite adorable though!

3 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Everything about Kate is adorable, especially from thousands of miles away. Like mother, like daughter!

Michelle Kelly said...

I love dreams and hearing about people's dreams so I loved this post!! It's so cute that she dreams about doing things on her own. I would have loved to have heard her talk in her sleep. So cute!

Unknown said...

We look forward to getting to know this Grand Daughter more as all of them and and doing some fun things with them.

Love Grandpa Randall