Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Burning Rubber

On our way down to BYU for saxophone lessons, the van started bumping around as we past Target.  I immediately knew we have a flat tire.  I slowly changed lanes until I reached the exit and we pulled off into a park-and-ride.  Luckily for us, there was a decent place to park and it wasn't too hard to to get off the freeway.
Yeah, our tire looked bad.
If I was by myself, I would have started crying and panicking.  Again, luckily, Gavin was there.  He had the owner's manual out to the tire-changing page before I even put the car in park.  He immediately got out and started the process while I called his sax teacher and Greg.  Again luckily, Greg was just on his way out of work and was able to get to us in about 10 minutes.
We had the car jacked up (Gavin loved that.   He kept saying, "It's all jacked up!) when Greg got there.  Between Greg and Gavin they were able to loosen the lug nuts and change the tire with our spare - which was looking quite deflated.
Luckily, Guard slept through the entire ordeal.
 We drove the van over to Les Schwab and bought a new tire and a new spare.  While they were installing our new tire, we walked over to Costco for dinner.  The kids thought it was a rather fun evening.  
For a stinky situation, we were lucky.

The next day, I went out to the garage to put something away and I found the van jacked up.   I was so mad at Enoch until he told me, "I need to practice.  What if Gavin isn't there and I need to change the tire for you.  I want to make sure I know how."  That is very sweet.  I'm sure that wasn't his only motivation, but I'll believe him.

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

How fortunate you are to have so many "helpers"!