Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Guard, the author

I was so excited for our latest Mindful Heart storybook to come in the mail. Guard opened the white, mailer box and immediately pulled out the game, as usual.  I was anxious to flip through the storybook. I already knew what was in there and I was excited to Guard to see it.

I told him there was a surprise for him in the storybook. He hurriedly flipped through the book and said, "I don't see anything." With a chuckle, I told him to look for the story, The Winter Rescue. After searching the Table of Contents, he turned to the first story. Again, he leafed through the pages and didn't find anything interesting. "Back up, " I said. Look at the first page and read from the top.

"The Winter Rescue by Tresa and Guard Fowler," he read absentmindedly.  "Wait, what! Guard Fowler?" he yelled. 

Yep! Guard is a published author!

I was asked to write a story about mammals. I casually asked Guard what I should write about and he picked the animals, named them, listed their characteristics, and gave me a brief outline of the story. With all he did, I felt like he deserved half the credit. The story turned out great and Guard was so excited to see his name in print!

No comments: