Sunday, July 19, 2015

Scattered Thoughts

1.  A few days ago, Kate asked me why there were so many languages in the world.  Good question! - I know what FHE is going to be about this week.
We read the story of the Tower of Babel and talked about how we really get to heaven - by making good choices.  We then build our own tower (out of Duplos) and taped pieces of paper to each Duplo listing a good choice we can make.  The kids really enjoyed it and requested we leave it out for a few days.  Hope they learned something.

2.  I don't know how many times we have been to the Museum of Natural Curiosity without going to the children's gardens outside.  We've been to the gardens when they were just stand-alone, but not since they have been connected to the museum.  The kids really enjoyed the science playground - especially the zip line and Guard loved the fish pond.  We need to do that more!
3.  Some years ago, I found a craft kit to make your own bouncy balls.  At that second in space, I must have thought like it sounded fun and that I could be a fun mom and do it, so I bought it.  Yeah - it sat in my closet for years.  Because I'm not that fun.
Enoch finally found it.  After dusting it off, he asked if we could make some.  We had some extra time tonight, so we finally opened it up.
It was a bit of a process, but we all made one ball.  It took about 45 minutes.  And then, you have to keep track of your homemade ball and put it in a Ziploc bag so it won't dry out, harden and turn into a dangerous missile you can do damage with when you throw it to your sister.
 I'm thinking of throwing the rest of the box away.

No comments: