Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day


We had a great Memorial Day (despite the rain) and hope that you did too. We spent most of the day in North Ogden visiting family and graves. Enoch thought all the flags and flowers were great and I just hope we returned them to the right graves. We were able to visit my aunts and uncles and it was great to see them and spent some time with them. They are wonderful people and great examples to our family. My aunts and uncles are quite a bit older than my dad and more like grandparents to the kids. After visiting the Ben Lomand Cemetery, we drove past the old family farm. One of the barns is still standing and it is a great reminder of the legacy my grandparents, Percy and Ada Randall, left us. I love to hear stories about the dairy farm and my grandparents.
After driving home, Greg and the boys went to a barbecue at the Fowlers (Kate was napping and I stayed home with her). They had a great time. It was a full, rainy day and I'm thankful that we could spend it with family, remembering family.

No comments: